Dallas Alumnae Panhellenic Scholarships
The Dallas Alumnae Panhellenic Association is proud to sponsor an annual scholarship program to recognize our outstanding DISD zone Texas National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) collegians who attend an accredited 4-year Texas college or university.
To qualify, applicants must have graduated from high school in the DISD or Highland Park ISD attendance zones. This includes Addison and University Park. The purpose of these scholarships is to provide further tuition financial assistance. The number of scholarships awarded and the amount of each is determined each year by the Scholarship Committee's established annual budget. These funds will be paid directly to the university.
The Jeanne Heath and Sharon Wiley Scholarships will be awarded to the #1 and #2 recipients.
Completed applications must be submitted by March 29, 2020 by 11:59 pm CST..
Scholarship recipients will be notified in April 2020 and recognized at our annual Scholarship Luncheon on May 20, 2020 at Royal Oaks Country Club in Dallas.
1. Applicant must be an active member of an NPC (National Panhellenic Conference) member sorority.
2. Applicant must have graduated from high school in the DISD or HPISD attendance zones (including Highland Park, Addison or University Park).
3. Applicant must be a sophomore or junior full-time student attending an accredited four-year Texas college or university.
4. Applicant must be in good standing with their NPC member sorority.
5. Applicant must have a minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.0
6. Applicant may be a prior recipient of a DAPA scholarship.
7. Relatives of current DAPA delegates or current DAPA alternates are not eligible to apply.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN PDF FORMAT:
1. Résumé (not to exceed 2 pages) of: sorority activities - offices held, awards or honors; campus activities - offices held, awards or honors; and community activities - offices held, awards or honors.
2. Current college transcript - official or unofficial - must include fall 2019 grades.
3. Letter of recommendation from the chapter president.
4. Letter of recommendation from the chapter advisor
5. An essay of max 250 words to include - What impact your sorority experience has had on your life? Why is your sorority experience an important part of your collegiate experience?